Library of Things
Why buy when you can borrow? We’re excited to introduce the Grand Forks Public Library of Things!
This new collection includes more than 30 technologies available for checkout for one week. Whether you need a DVD/VHS digital converter to preserve your family history, a bubble machine for your next birthday party, or a podcast microphone for a new business venture, we’ve got it all!
Featuring tools for:
- Memory preservation: digital converters, scanners
- Film making & photography: DSLR camera, GoPro, green screen, umbrella lighting, stabilizer
- Hobby exploration: 3D printer for kids, 3D printing pen, podcast microphone, Blu-Ray player
- Business growth: wireless printer, podcast microphone, ring light, various computer accessories
- Parties & celebrations: karaoke machine, bubble machine, outdoor movie screen, projector, speakers
- And more!
You can learn more about these new “things” by browsing our online catalog (search by series, “Library of Things,” or type of material, “Kit”) or by looking through our physical catalog at the library.
- Patrons must be at least 18 years of age with a GFP_ library account in good standing and a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Patrons must sign a user agreement form upon their first Library of Things checkout.
- Checkout period is one week.
- Items can be placed on hold.
- Items can be renewed one time if no one else is waiting.
- Items must be returned inside the library at the front desk.
- You may not return Library of Things items in book drops.
- Items not returned or returned in unusable condition will be billed the price of the item.
- Items missing parts that are replaceable will be billed for those replacement parts.
- Any fees incurred from lost parts will be waived upon return, if within 30 days of due date.