The Grand Forks Public now has mobile hot spots available for checkout. A mobile hot spot allows you to take internet access (almost) anywhere using the power of cell phone towers. Each of our hot spots are powered by the Sprint Network and will provide 23 GB of high speed data. The loan period for mobile hot spots is three weeks and each will come with a charging cable and instructions for use.
The Grand Forks Public Library is committed to ensuring access to information through technology. The Grand Forks Public Library affirms the right and responsibility of parents and legal guardians to determine and monitor their own children’s use of Library materials and resources. The Library advises parents/guardians that it cannot assure children’s safety and security while using the Internet. These devices may not used for:
- Gaining unauthorized entry into other computational, informational, or communication services or resources.
- Invading the privacy of others.
- Damage to computer equipment or software.
- Engage in activity that is harassing, defamatory, or causes a disturbance.
- Illegal activities such as “hacking”, violating copyrights, or laws regarding digital access.
The library reserves the right to limit or terminate access to the Internet for any reason.
Patrons who do not return the device after the three week loan period are subject to a $125.00 replacement fee.