If you’ve been to the Grand Forks Public Library or visited the Facebook page in the last few months you may have noticed some changes. New paint, new content, and updated family bathrooms, as well as other things. All of these things (plus many more to come) have been driving towards our new identity.
Welcome to the Grand Forks Public! Grand Forks Public is committed to inspiring the creativity and curiosity of the entire Grand Forks & Grand Forks County community. It is our goal to become one of the most innovative small city public libraries, and in doing so, redefine the role that institutions like ours can plan in today’s world. Redefining our role starts with our name. We are Grand Forks Public, because we must become more than a library in the traditional sense of the word. A library will always remain an important part of what we are but is one piece of a multifaceted identity. Inside these walls is our community’s primary destination to learn, laugh, play, create, and debate with friends and strangers alike. We are a playground for curious minds of all ages.
Look forward to the following exciting changes coming in 2019.
- January 7th, 2019: Waived late fees! In celebration of our new identity the Grand Forks Public will be waiving late fees on all items through the end of March 2019. This does NOT include lost or damaged fines.
- February 2019: Did you know our collection is actually in reverse alphabetical order? We’re librarians we know the alphabet, so we’ll be flip flopping the collection to be in forward alphabetical order making it easier to find what you are looking for.
- March 4th, 2019: A new website experience! A clean and easy to navigate site that puts the offerings of the Grand Forks Public at your finger tips. Follow us on social media for sneak peak of the new site.
- Spring/Summer 2019: New carpet! A fresh coat of paint happened in late 2018 and the carpet on the main floor has seen better days.
- May 18th, 2019: Did you know the library has been serving this community for 116 years?! We’re gonna celebrate that, you don’t want to miss it!
All year and going forward: Increased and layered programming for everyone! Meaning there will always be something going on at Grand Forks Public for all ages.
The staff of the Grand Forks Public are extremely excited to announce our new branding and can’t wait for all the exciting things 2019 has to bring.
Follow us on social media for updates on programming and changes in the Grand Forks Public.